Steps to get a visa for the United States
There are a couple of steps you need to do to get a visa for the
United States of America:
1. Send your application to AMSI
2. Wait for the reply from AMSI
3. Conduct a phone interview with the AMSI
4. Send your school contract to AMSI
, have it signed by AMSI
5. Find a visa sponsorship organization like
6. Apply for a J-1 visa by filling out the application form of your sponsorship organization
7. Send your application including the filled out form from AMSI
to your sponsor
8. Conduct an interview with your sponsor
9. Wait till your internship gets approved and you've recieved all the documents
10. Schedule an appointment with the American embassy in your country
10. Book your flight after the embassy approved your visa
11. Get your visa usually within 1 or 2 weeks.
12. Fly to San Francisco or San Diego to start your internship with AMSI
It all may look a bit confusing. You may also think that this is a lot of work to do for you.
No worries! AMSI
sponsor organization will help you and guide you through
The duration of this process varies from applicant to applicant. Usually it takes 2 to 4 months until you get your visa. Therefore start your planning accordingly!